Great opportunity to work with one of Sydney's newest educational games projects in a small but expanding team.
Inner Sydney location
Will consider exceptional overseas candidates that need visa sponsorship
Salary negotiable on experience
Digital Game-Based Learning Designer
Target market is children in China (K-6).
Responsibilities and Duties
• Co-design play-based digital learning activities and content to achieve the targeted learning outcomes.
• Work collaboratively with the Lead Game Designer, Lead ESL Teacher and children’s author to rapidly design and prototype learning games.
• Being familiar in working with curriculum, you will start from the point of the desired learning outcomes and co-design the learning activities to meet those learning outcomes.
• Work with the ESL Teacher to space and pace, scaffold and document the learning journey of the learner.
• You will be part of an open, collaborative team working in an agile way
• Work with our English language teachers in China and Sydney to deliver the most comprehensive and effective learning experience.
• In the design process, you will be adept at (or learn to be adept at) taking into account multiple design criteria, such as curriculum, learning outcomes, cognitive load, Growth Mindset principles, play based learning theory and user engagement levels.
The Candidate Qualifications:
• Relevant degree or equivalent
• 10+ years of relevant learning design
• 5+ years of relevant digital game-based learning design
• Experience in design thinking Capabilities:
• Ability to design engaging digital game based content and activities to deliver prescribed learning outcomes.
• Capable of scaffolding the curriculum into a logical sequence of learning activities that lead seamlessly to English fluency based on current pedagogical approaches to language acquisition.
• Experience in designing language learning games preferred but not essential.
• Loves working in a small agile company with huge ambitions to transform children’s lives.
• Believes in the power of online and blended education (when delivered properly).
• Likes playing games!
• Excellent liaison and team skills, presentation, facilitation and written communication skills.
• Loves a challenge and is comfortable with the iterative process of creating something new – comfortable with failing fast and always adopting a learning mindset.
For more information or to apply please contact me anytime
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 (0)427 690 971