Capcom Vancouver is growing! We have 3 projects in play. There is lots of work to be done! We need the help of smart, passionate and dedicated people to help us make our open world action games!
IS THIS YOU?
Do bottlenecks in art pipelines drive you batty? Do you get that loving feeling after creating an intuitive and innovative tool to help your fellow artists? Are you constantly scripting new things in Maya, MotionBuilder or Photoshop?
If these questions have you nodding your head, then get with the program and contact us right away. You can be a big part of our art department by creating effective workflow and the tools to support it.
- Assists in the design, implementation, improvement and documentation of artist workflows for specific art domains of the game (eg. character art, environment art, vehicles, etc.)
- Manage and maintain the art production pipelines while always driving improved methods
- Works directly with producers to help visualize and develop game designs.
- Solves problems within a limited scope (task/deliverable/feature/milestone).
- Uses time effectively with the ability to work autonomously under minimal supervision.
- Communicates in a clear, positive and professional manner with staff at all levels.
- Collaborate with artists and software engineers to problem solve, troubleshoot, and wrangle issues in their specific art domains.
- Work comfortably with object-oriented programming in Python to create new or edit existing source tools, gizmos and widgets for 2D and 3D software packages such as Maya or MotionBuilder
- Work with node based visual scripting or blue-printing in Unreal 4
- Evaluates competitive quality from a consumer point of view
RIGGER SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expertise in setting / defining biped and multi-ped skeletons
- Creating Maya and MotionBuilder animation control rigs for new and existing full body and facial skeletons that function with both Motion Capture and hand-keyed FK/IK animation.
- Create rigging workflows, tools and pipelines that automate the propagation of skeletons, weighting and rigs across multiple characters
- Acts as an in-between liaison for character artists, animators, software engineers
- 2 – 6 years of experience
- Ability to own multiple priorities and contribute to priority setting within a feature
- Takes active interest in enhancing current skills and learning new ones.
- Demonstrates dedication, adaptability & accountability in own work.
- Collaborates effectively with others in same discipline across feature groups and cross-discipline.
- Must be able to mentor other artists
- Own deliverables/feature, and define tasks.
- Act as a role model.
- 2 shipped titles on PS3/Xbox 360 platforms as a technical artist, 1 shipped title on PS4/XOne is a bonus!
- Expert knowledge of a 3D package such as Maya, MotionBuilder
- Excellent attention to technical detail and a strong aesthetic eye for form, colour, and tone
- Finger on the pulse as the methods and techniques used to develop today’s very best game visuals
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
WHAT WOULD BE COOL:
- Unreal 4 knowledge experience, including blueprints