· Play the pre-release game to verify correct implementation of localized assets and accuracy of translations.
· Identify localization issues and defects (bugs).
· Enter defects into bug tracking system based on department standards.
· Test and verify bug fixes (regression testing).
· Provide feedback on localization related issues in both written and verbal form.
· Liaise regularly with French Localization Lead to agree approach and priorities.
· Liaise with LQA testers for other languages to sync approach and share issues.
· Assist in assessing and escalating game issues and concerns with peers and to senior team members, generally to the Lead Testers.
· Learn and become fluent in the rules of each game and apply knowledge to testing.
· French native speaker with strong language skills.
· Strong English verbal and written skills.
· Good problem solving skills and the ability to create clear and concise reports.
· Thorough understanding of game testing and localization testing processes.
· Ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge to testing tasks.
· Ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
· Ability to remain focused and maintain attention to details.
· Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
· Broad knowledge of games across different platforms with an emphasis on MMORPGs.
· Experience playing localized versions of games with an emphasis on MMORPGs.
· Proficient with MS Office.
· Experience and understanding of console and PC MMO localization testing.
· Previous experience in beta testing for MMORPGs, especially in bug reporting.
· 6+ Months experience in software testing.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desirable.