As a free-to-play game designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it, providing constant recommendation on design
To do this, pre-release, you’re able to improve the design of the main features a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team.
Once he game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game, why, and then provide suggestions for further improvements / solutions to problems.
Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them.
Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance.
Fluent written and spoken english, concise writing skills
Good knowledge on the use of Excel
Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones.
Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
Graduate degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction.
Mastering of UI prototyping tools such as Flash
Experience in community managing, marketing or product manager
Previous experience as game designer, social designer or gambling designer
• Motivating salary and a merit based pay system
• Lunch tickets
• Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic
• Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances
• A chance to work in a real multinational team
• A modern office complex including:
• Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours
• Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities
• 3 massage rooms inside the building
• Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, foosball
• A dedicated kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes
• Free aerobic, zumba, pilates, healthy back, TRX classes inside the gym
• Free access to football and basketball courts
• Free psychological counseling
• Kindergarden inside our courtyard
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model