Volition is searching for a Temporary Cinematic Scripter to fill a temporary role from August– December 2016. The successful candidate will work on cross-discipline teams as well as with outsourcing to implement and iterate content for an AAA product. The Cinematic Scripter may be tasked with other duties and responsibilities in support of the project team.
• Work closely with the cinematic team to integrate cinematics from Motionbuilder to in-game cinematic engine
• Ability to identify problems and propose solutions, and work within technical restrictions
• Ability to communicate both written and visual ideas effectively
• Experience getting real time cinematics to work in a game engine
• Experience with Motionbuilder 2016, Visual Scripting, Adobe Premiere.
• Python, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, understanding of film language is a plus.
• Post-high school education in an cinematic art relevant discipline; emphasis on game development preferred
• Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic. Being collaborative and having a team-oriented mindset is a requirement.
• Ability to think creatively and analytically, working within existing restrictions
• Keen eye for pointing out visual errors within cinematics
• Proactive in seeking feedback and resolving issues
• Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to multitask and be flexible about changing role requirements
• Passion for games and ability to articulate the pursuit of that passion as a career clearly and analytically. A broad knowledge base of console games, including the action and RPG genres
Sample Work Required
Please provide samples of cinematic work that you have integrated into games. Any supplemental materials demonstrating skills relevant to this position are also encouraged.