Sports Interactive (SI) is the world's leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub of Old Street, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.SI's games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK's top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company. Sports Interactive looks after its staff's well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work. The company also arranges regular team social events and is very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry.Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available from the SI website, www.sigames.com
We are looking for a new member to join a team providing first and second line of support for PC, Mac users in a busy IT network environment. The key emphasis for this position is on good communication skills, both verbal and written, with good attention for detail and excellent problem solving abilities.
- 1st and 2nd line IT support
- Assembly, installation and deployment of PCs and user hardware
- Software and hardware troubleshooting for diverse implementations
- Provide application and networking support for Windows/Mac PCs
- Installation and support for MS Office and other desktop applications
- Basic user administration for Windows Active Directory and Exchange (Windows 7/Exchange 2010)
- Outlook in Exchange server environment
- Provide support for printers, scanners, projectors and other peripheral equipment
- Familiarity with PC motherboard hardware and component issues such as graphics cards.
- Work with Senior members of the team, and increase skill set
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Flexible with working hours during busy periods
- Locally based or able to freely relocate to London
- Inspire confidence and gain trust of the users
- Work effectively as a team member
- Work under pressure and complete tasks assigned in a timely manner
- Identify potential issues and resolve in a proactive manner
- Ability to plan and carry out work when regularly unsupervised
- Excellent ability in the use Word, Excel and Outlook
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload
- Confident in assessing situations and taking decisions solely when unsupervised.
- Passion for computer games highly advantageous
- Knowledge of football and Sports Interactive products highly advantageous
- Previous experience in a desktop support role
- Virtualisation Experience (VMWare/Hyper-V)
- SQL Experience (MySQL/MSSQL)
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment .