Well known company worldwise
Established studio with successful projects mobile & VR platforms
Visa, relocation & bonus provided
English speaking (Portuguese not required)
Key role in the studio, the Design Specialist / Lead Desi0gner /Creative Director drives the creation process for multiple projects: defines a vision, oversees any high level decisions on gameplay and art, and ensures that all elements in the final product meet the project’s initial goals and quality requirements.
At the start of a project,work with a small core team defining the framework of the project, developing prototypes and planning the challenges to overcome during the production.
During production, leads the designers, monitors the quality and the game vision (in assets, documents and playable visions), with the producer as well as other specialists and HQ.
The Design Specialist must be able to make tough decisions that impact the project and the final product, have a good understanding of the bigger picture of game development, and the ability to inspire a team through excellent communication skills.
Must also have a passion for games, a good understanding of what makes a game appealing to different audiences, a great creativity and problem-solving skills.
Create the games’ vision (in collaboration with the team and HQ)
Communicate the vision to the team, marketing and HQ
Work on the original concepts, prototypes and planning to validate each project
Oversee the game designers’ work to ensure the game vision throughout the project
Review the assets and builds with team and directors, to monitor final product’s quality
Work with producers and specialists to provide creative leadership and harmonization among various projects
Skills and experience
5 or more years of professional game design or creative direction experience
- Capable of providing focused and inspiring creative leadership
- Great sense of creativity and ability to create a vision
- Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate both internally and to the public
- Passion for games and understanding of the audiences
- Sense of responsibility, high quality standard to apply to the teams
- Sufficient artistic skill to ensure the artistic direction is maintained is a plus
- Experience with Agile development processes is a plus
- Please provide a portfolio of your work as game designer & creative director
For more information or to apply, please contact me anytime
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 (0)427 690 971