Location: Dundee, Angus, United Kingdom
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Mid Level
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in Scotland. Currently celebrating our 5th year, our studio is a global leader in developing, publishing and distributing digital interactive entertainment for smartphones, tablets, and social networks. We have a colourful portfolio of innovative casual and mid-core titles such as Angry Birds POP, Alien Creeps TD, Bubble Genius, Crafty Candy, Mystery Match and many more!
Outplay is an extremely ambitious company, in almost 5 short years we have gone from 2 founders to the team size of over 130 that we have today. We have released 13 titles which have generated over 58 million downloads.
Life at Outplay offers a progressive culture, leveraging our current success onto the next.
This kind of trajectory is incredibly exciting to be a part of. Our teams don’t just join us for their next role they join us to be a part of our journey.
Each product is developed and owned by the team; they drive the development, design, and creative direction of the products in coordination with our directors, marketing, and analytics’ teams so we offer a real hands-on experience
We are currently hiring for experienced Designers tasked with designing and directing the development of quality player experiences and game mechanics through every aspect of our titles both post release and in development.
We are looking for dynamic Designers with in-depth knowledge of competing products and endless enthusiasm ready to step up in their next role within an extremely fast paced and ambitious studio.
- Design and direct development of quality player experiences and game mechanics through every aspect of the game.
- Review and iterating on designs as they are implemented and frequently reviewing the game with an eye to improvements and changes to hit target milestones or KPI’s
- Create and update clear and concise design documentation, tables and supporting diagrams
- Self-motivated, willing and able to actively look for solutions and improvements to existing and new designs without prompt.
- Must be a consistent team player that can put the needs to the project first and can champion the project when required.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of competing products to use throughout development of your games and staying up to date with the latest and greatest titles across key stores.
- Agile and responds well in a rapidly changing, fast paced creative environment
- Have gained hands on design experience on several released titles.