Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
Oversee the day to day running, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of server and storage services for the following Square Enix Europe sites in Montreal
Monitor backups and network resources to ensure stable service delivery and recoverability
- Administration and maintenance of internal systems including domain controllers, Microsoft Active Directory, file and print servers, email and instant messaging services, network storage and application servers;
- Installation, maintenance, monitoring and documentation of server technology and network equipment;
- Work alongside development teams, collating requirements to assist in designing bespoke solutions
- Providing network and 3rd line support to the Service Desk.
- Working with service desk staff and data owners to ensure accurate network access permissions.
- Working with network administrators at other sites on global projects as defined by the Global Server and Storage Manager.
- Working with the global networking team to ensure services are implemented and supported in a consistent manner.
- Incident and service request tracking in Service Desk Plus
- Monitoring of server and storage services
- Patch management for servers
- Maintaining up to date configuration documentation of processes and support information
Experience and qualifications:
- DEC, bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a Windows networking admin role for a medium to large sized company supporting 200+ workstations and 50+ servers.
- Team player who demonstrates self-motivation energy, drive and is focused on results
- Attention to details, superb organizational skills, ability to prioritize and follow-up/follow-through
- Experience supporting offsite servers, storage and services.
- Microsoft Server 2008 – 2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2003/2010
- Microsoft Lync Server/Skype for Business
- HP Blade Centres
- Entreprise SAN and NAS storage
- HP Server/Storage/Backup Hardware
- VMware ESX (5.x – 6.x)
- CommVault backup & de-duplication
- Linux Administration CentOS/RedHat
- HP OneView
- JIRA (Java based Linux application running on Apache/Tomcat)
- PERFORCE (or other version control systems)
- MySQL Administration
- Microsoft Systems Centre Operations Manager
- Test Track Pro
- Foundry/Brocade Switches
- Aruba Wireless
- Trend Micro Antivirus
- NAGIOS (Linux based network monitoring)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
- Microsoft SharePoint
- 3Par Administration
- ProofPoint Email Archiving
- Nimble Storage Administration
- Commvault Enterprise Backup
- Team Player
- Ability to work independently
- Open to constructive criticism
- Good communicator
- Highly motivated individual
- Willing to work outside of the standard business hours.
Motivation and interests:
Ambition and passion for videogames are essential!