Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
Job Summary: Square Enix Europe is looking for an Automation & Tools Programmer. In this role, the primary responsibility is developing tools necessary to support Publishing QA testing, results output and reporting across multiple game projects, platforms and engines.
- Leading tool design, implementation, optimization and support for the purposes of automated test execution, results output and reporting across products.Direct and supervise the scoping, creation, execution and reporting of FQA test strategies throughout product development cycle
- Programming functional code that is performant, scalable, modular and maintainable.
- Integrating tools with existing mastering, task, defect and test case management LoB applications.
- Thoroughly documenting work to aid in knowledge build-up and transfer.
- Diagnosing and addressing technical issues in tools and related processes.
- Configuring results output in a manner relevant to both QA needs and easy consumption by non-technical publishing and production teams.
- Mentoring a small team of QA Tools Technicians
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of BSc in Computer Science
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- At least 2 shipped AAA titles on PC, PS4 and XB1
- Strong understanding of cross-platform QA principles and tools
- Ability to adapt and learn as the company and industry evolves
- Experience with C++ and C#
- Experience with source and/or version control (e.g. Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of primary console and PC gaming platfroms and SDK
- Knowledge of web languages (XML and HTML)
- Knowledge of database languages (SQL, MySQL, Mongo), design and usage
- English/French speaking/writing skills required
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Flexibility to do overtime if necessary
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism
- Ability to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Willing to travel for conferences and studio collaboration
Motivations & Interests:
Ambition and passion for video games are essential!
Strong desire to bring game QA into the 21st century through technical and personal investment.