CCP Atlanta is looking for a graphics programmer to drive development for innovative VR rendering, shaders, and content creation techniques -- while helping maintain VR framerates. This is an opportunity to operate independently on a small, fast-moving, senior team developing VR content and methodologies.
- Develop innovative strategies for creating stunning visuals in VR
- Collaborate closely with the art team to help develop the visual direction
- Optimizing shaders and rendering to achieve very high framerates while maintaining visual targets
- Own the rendering pipeline and collaborate with tech art to establish and maintain the asset pipeline
- Contribute creative ideas across the project as a whole
- Passionate about entertaining players
- Expert C/C++ Programmer
- Strong knowledge of and experience with VR/AR
- Strong knowledge of GPU pipelines and shader programming
- Strong knowledge of DirectX or OpenGL
- Knowledge of modern game engine graphics pipelines
- Comfortable with content creation tools like Max/Maya
- Good understanding of multiple disciplines
- Strong communicator and ability to communicate complex issues to multi discipline team -Fluent in English
- Knowledge of UE4
- Knowledge of algorithms
- Good sense of humor
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come.
At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive. Home to CCP ´s “VR labs” virtual reality research and development effort, Atlanta is nicknamed “The Gateway to the South” Well known for its hospitality and diversity, Atlanta brings the arts and industry both to new heights. Cultural and performance centers in Atlanta range from some of the world's greatest museums and amphitheaters to the nation's most vibrant nightlife. The people of Atlanta are equally diverse, with countless cultures and traditions celebrated and enjoyed throughout the city. Technologically, Atlanta is the business capital of the Southeast and the fourth-most wired broadband city in the United States. Atlanta has attracted many major communication and entertainment businesses, and currently leads the nation in attracting the talented college graduates and skilled professionals that companies want to hire. CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.