EVE: Valkyrie QA Tester/VR Demo Producer
CCP Games is looking for someone to fill a newly created and unique position at the company. The EVE: Valkyrie QA Tester/VR Demo Producer will perform two important functions for CCP: QA testing for EVE: Valkyrie at the Newcastle, UK development studio as well as acting as a primary on-site demo producer for EVE: Valkyrie and the company’s other VR titles (Gunjack, Project Arena, and more) at events around the world. This will be a temporary assignment, 6 months.
To be considered, candidates must have experience in QA testing for videogames, have a knowledge of and interest in emerging VR platforms, be friendly and able to connect with potential customers, gamers and non-gamers alike, and be able to set up and run sometimes complex game demos on both PC and console.
Experience showcasing games at events is a big plus.
Specific responsibilities of the role and qualifications of the ideal candidate include:
- Manages setup and execution of VR game demos solo or with other CCP staff at events worldwide
- Coordinates with third-party partners like Sony, Oculus, and Nvidia before, during, and after events to ensure success
- Able to effectively demonstrate all the company’s VR games on all platforms, including EVE: Valkyrie, Project Arena, Gunjack, and others
- Responsible for teaching other Brand Ambassadors how to demo our games at events
- Records defects on the bug database in a clear and concise manner
- Works with programmers and artists to ensure high quality standard of features
- A high degree of skill in troubleshooting, characterizing, and describing software defects
- Highly organised, methodical, creative, self-motivated
- At least two years prior testing experience (ideally in a live service/production environment)
- 1-3 years of experience with PC/console game setup and demonstration
- Ability to manage projects on schedule
- Friendly demeanor even under stressful event conditions
- Self-motivated with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge, including PC and console setup and basic networking infrastructure
- Interest in and ability to travel worldwide for extended periods
- Tests gameplay functionality, backend functionality and other aspects of EVE: Valkyrie as part of a team
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home to CCP ´s “VR labs” virtual reality research and development effort, Atlanta is nicknamed “The Gateway to the South”
Well known for its hospitality and diversity, Atlanta brings the arts and industry both to new heights. Cultural and performance centers in Atlanta range from some of the world's greatest museums and amphitheaters to the nation's most vibrant nightlife.
The people of Atlanta are equally diverse, with countless cultures and traditions celebrated and enjoyed throughout the city. Technologically, Atlanta is the business capital of the Southeast and the fourth-most wired broadband city in the United States. Atlanta has attracted many major communication and entertainment businesses, and currently leads the nation in attracting the talented college graduates and skilled professionals that companies want to hire.
CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.