Are you a design sensei and game guru? Do you have a remarkable acumen in all aspects of game design and development? Do you have noteworthy experience developing third-person action games? Are you well-versed in content-development tools and pipelines? Are you an inspiring leader who can make everyone around him/her a smarter and more engaged game developer? If so, we would like to talk to you about an exciting new Capcom title that is being developed in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
Here at Capcom Vancouver, we are looking for individuals with exceptional skills in written, visual and verbal communication. Giving clear direction will be important, as you will be expected to drive the implementation of your designs across disciplines. We also believe that the ability to solicit and process feedback is as critical as the ability to generate and sell great game ideas. We need leaders who encourage creative contributions across the team and develop these ideas into clear designs that align with the high-level vision of the game.
- Develop and coordinate the efforts of other designers to produce designs for the whole game or large portions thereof.
- Leverage experience with delivering successful marketable designs of primary features in several games.
- Guide the contributions of the game team design staff to produce and maintain working game design documents.
- Define and contribute to the game's design processes and methods.
- Develop prototypes.
- Communicate ideas with product development staff to solicit feedback and ensure support during prototype development.
- Sell and communicate ideas outside of the design domain.
- Stay current on the designs of other successful products in the industry and help other designers do the same.
- Partner with producers on how to execute against the vision of the game.
- Clearly understand the product vision and brand goals and guide design efforts to match.
- Drive design revisions through iterations to align with evolving product vision and quality targets.
- Ensure design efforts of self and others meet scope expectations.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with internal teams.
- Provide scope estimates for planning and in production, suggest feature, schedule and resource trade-offs to maintain budget and schedule.
- Mentor, inspire, and motivate the design team to maintain a positive and highly creative atmosphere.
- May be a member of the game's exec management team.
- Advise on staffing requirements.
- Participate in design hiring.
- Provide a variety of creative design solutions to satisfy broad product goals and visions.
- Adapt quickly to changing requirements with new and evolved ideas.
- Trust in their limitless creative problem solving skills.
- Embrace the philosophy that there are multiple effective designs that can fulfill a goal.
- Use time effectively.
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner with all levels of internal staff (Capcom Vancouver & worldwide) and external partners (outside Capcom).
- 8+ years of experience.
- Expert in design aspects of game development.
- Ability to own multiple workgroups/game.
- Handle multiple priorities at this level and set priorities for others.
- Take active interest in enhancing current skills and learning new ones.
- Regularly innovates craft and process adopted by own team and game.
- Demonstrate dedication, adaptability & accountability in own work and areas of responsibility.
- Drive collaboration effectively with others in same discipline, across feature groups and cross-discipline on a regular basis; works closely with game exec team.
- Lead multiple features and game areas.
- Must be able to mentor individuals, leads and groups.
- Member of game leads group, and defines features.
- Act as a role model.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Capcom’s legendary IP has been delighting gamers for decades, and we’re poised to deliver even more new worlds and adventures. The studio that brought you the Dead Rising series is hard at work looking for the next great gaming experience. Dive deep into the rich narratives and original gameplay of Capcom as we build the future of gaming.