Capcom Vancouver is growing! There is lots of work to be done! We need the help of smart, passionate and dedicated people to help us make our open world action games!
The Generalist Engineer works closely with the Technical Director and the technical leads to solve problems in fundamental systems, tools, and content creator workflows. This role is a challenging one as it requires you to call on your technical ability, versatility while, at the same time, being aware of what it takes to make great games. You will be responsible for designing, building, testing and documenting major game components. Your mission is to ensure that your features standout in an AAA game, and help others do the same.
You will enjoy a creative opportunity to shape the project's technology and features while working with other talented Engineers, Designers and Animators in a fun and dynamic team setting.
- Design, write, debug, and refine gameplay features, infrastructure and tools.
- Work closely with animators, designers and other engineers to ensure game features hit the quality bar for our AAA products.
- Participate in estimating and planning.
- Maintain a high standard of quality of work throughout the development process.
- Design modular and structured systems that can be used across game teams.
- Integrate systems and techniques across the entire pipeline, from creation to its use.
- Research and development of new techniques to take the best out of current and new hardware.
- Create and maintain technical software documentation.
- Assist in designing, implementing, debugging, documenting, testing and maintaining code within an area of limited scope.
- Understand how competitive products qualitatively compare to your assigned tasks.
- Use time effectively.
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner with staff at all levels.
- Focused and highly driven.
- Successfully complete work on or ahead of schedule.
- Enjoy solving problems.
- Motivated to deliver top quality results.
- Accountable for deliverables/features.
- You know when to advise leads of issues in a timely manner.
- Accountable for completing tasks and deliverables assigned to you.
- 2 - 6 years’ experience with C++ programming and debugging.
- Game console development and optimization experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science / related field, or equivalent experience.
- You have the ability to write structured and well documented code. With attention to detail.
- Take an active interest in enhancing current skills and learning new ones.
- Demonstrate dedication, adaptability & accountability in your work.
- You operate within established procedures and best practices.
- Collaborate effectively with others in the same feature group and discipline
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Capcom’s legendary IP has been delighting gamers for decades, and we’re poised to deliver even more new worlds and adventures. The studio that brought you the Dead Rising series is hard at work looking for the next great gaming experience. Dive deep into the rich narratives and original gameplay of Capcom as we build the future of gaming.