Capcom Vancouver is growing! We have three projects in play. There is lots of work to be done! We need the help of smart, passionate and dedicated people to help us make our games! Our mobile games are developed in Unity 5. We work in an agile and iterative Scrum process. We value autonomy, mastery and purpose.
As a Gameplay Engineer you are responsible for building high quality and fun mobile gameplay. Your responsibilities include the client architecture, gameplay animation systems, player controls, and PvP online gameplay. You drive implementation of both moment-to-moment and minute-to-minute gameplay.
You will enjoy a creative opportunity to shape the project's technology and features while working with other talented Engineers, Designers and Artists in a fun and dynamic team. We value learning and developing and sharing best practices
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code.
- Design, architect, implement and maintain game features, infrastructures and tools.
- Work closely with artists, designers and other engineers to ensure gameplay features hit the quality bar for our AAA products.
- Participate in estimating and planning.
- Maintain a high standard of quality of work throughout the development process.
- Share knowledge and work with colleagues to develop best practices.
- You are passionate about games and can work in a flexible environment where your role will evolve over time.
- 5+ years of experience with C# programming.
- Experience working with Unity.
- You have shipped at least one AAA mobile title and have been credited as working on gameplay.
- Expert level knowledge of how to build AI systems, gameplay architectures and pipelines.
- Experience in animation is an asset.
- Superior and pioneering problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Able to communicate with both technical and creative team members.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Capcom Game Studio Vancouver is recognized for its development of the Dead Rising franchise. Our most recent game, Dead Rising 3, was an exclusive launch title for the Xbox One platform.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Capcom’s legendary IP has been delighting gamers for decades, and we’re poised to deliver even more new worlds and adventures. The studio that brought you the Dead Rising series is hard at work looking for the next great gaming experience. Dive deep into the rich narratives and original gameplay of Capcom as we build the future of gaming.