We are seeking a passionate and motivated Test Manager who can help us raise the quality of our games to the next level.
The perfect candidate lovesexploring games and their functionalities down to the very last detail,hasan eagle eye for spotting bugs and is familiar with the Strategy MMOgenre.
The rolewill collaborate with the Team Leads to develop testing plans, partner with the central QA Department to provide visibility on development status, and use that data to manage your co-located QA team.
Ultimately,our Test Manager isadvocating for the player and as such has a strong voice within the team.
- Leading the assigned QA team, tracking and maintaining their needs
- Controlling and overseeing project-internal testing efforts as well as external testing
- Communicating proactively with development leads to build test plans, maintain viability, and oversee their execution
- Ensuring testing and reporting conforms to the QA department standards
- Bug database ldquo;gatekeeperrdquo;: Responsible for the quality of reported bugs and their further processing, vetting of bug reports
- Establishing and maintaining QA strategy, processes and workflows for the assigned project, defining testing methods
- Analyzing feature design documentation to plan and estimate QA efforts, assign/delegate tasks to the test team
- Reporting all QA related issues to project's Senior Development Director as well as central QA management
- Executing Bug Triages together with the project's management team
- Creating and maintaining Testplans
- Review of Gamedesign, providing constructive and qualitative feedback to Game Designers
- QA expert for the assigned game project
- Keeping up information flow and knowledge sharing with other QA Lead Testers
- Manage testing efforts in conjunction with the community (CMs, players, etc.)
- Constantly training the assigned test team, providing them with all QA- and project-related information training of new staff on the QA team
- 2+ years experience in QA leadership position or 4+ years experience with game testing
- Very good organizational and project management skills
- Very good leadership skills, combined with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of game testing practices, conventions and procedures
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Fluent in English