BattleCry Studios is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our team in creating AAA games for PC and next-generation console systems. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Art Leads to create environments for an undisclosed title.
· Build levels (world) according to concepts and design within gameplay constraints.
· Model and texture world art, detailed props and objects according to concepts, references and/or art direction.
· Excellent texture creation ability on PBR textures.
· Deep knowledge of 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, and Substance
· Good analytic eye for volumes, shapes, proportions, detail distribution, color and materials composition
· Specific attention to detail for creating story and narrative through environment design
· Able to work within poly and texture budgets
· Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
· Must submit work samples (online portfolio preferred)
Additional Skills and Pluses
· 5+ years experience creating environment art for games
· Experience with creating assets within a Physically Based Rendering/Shader system
· Experience with a texture generation software (Substance Designer)
· Relevant experience with multiple game editors
· Experience in design, industrial design, graphic design, illustration, photography or other pictorial domain
· Strong traditional art or crafting skills