Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? Join The Game!
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 6,000 employees.
As Senior Game Designer at Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Disney Magic Kingdoms and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
• Conceptualize in-depth development of the game and design documents;
• Be responsible for script writing and game level design;
• Manage a team of Game and Level designers;
• Manage employee’s performance evaluation and disciplinary follow ups;
• Actively participate in recruitment (CV and portfolio sorting; test corrections; interviews; etc.);
• Maintain strong communication with the different department leads (producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors);
• Keep all documents for the project updated and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game to maintain the overall quality;
• Develop prototypes and explore new game ideas. Research and development, run market studies and propose new game concepts/ideas.
• Minimum 5 years professional experience as a Game or Level designer;
• At least 1 title published for console or multiple games published for iPhone or portable consoles;
• Expertise in one of the following genres: action-adventure, RPG, FPS or racing;
• Expertise in Level design;
• Experience with the following platforms (asset): iPhone, Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3 or Online Games;
• Experience with creation tools (Flash, Blitz, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.);
• Familiar with 3DSMax, Maya, Sketchup or other 3D design programs;
• Experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia);
• Knowledge of the technical Pipeline and all the process needed to make a game.
• Open-spirit and proven leadership;
• Passion for video games and their history;
• Good understanding of scripting and/or basic computer programming;
• Communicate ideas with ease (oral and written), professional and autodidactic;
• Able to work under pressure and open to doing occasional over-time;
• Good team-work ability;
• Knowledge of spoken French is an asset;
• Strong imagination!
• Post-secondary education in Game Design or equivalent is an asset
Why join Gameloft?
• You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
• You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
• You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
• Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Toronto can offer you?
- Health insurance coverage
- Vacation and personal days off
- Meal and transportation discounts
- Social club events
- And much more!
Please note the expected salary range for this position is between $65,000-$85,000 CAD/year.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Please submit your CV and cover letter.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.