DREAM JOB ALERT! DREAM JOB ALERT!
Are you a game designer that is constantly thinking of new mechanics and hooks for users to enjoy? Always looking at mobile games on the market and saying ldquo;Pfft, I could do betterrdquo;? Tired of working on the same franchise over and over again with no hopes of letting your creative juices fly?
Well this is your lucky day my friend! Bigpoint Lyon is seeking a Lead Designer to come in and own the vision of a new game ndash; you get to come up with the design, the monetization, and have a team to help you get it done. Let us repeat this one more time ndash; a-new-game-you-get-to-create-and-make. Hell yeah!!
There are some strings attached: you will have to get paid to do this, you will have to live in beautiful Frances beautiful city of Lyon to do this, you will have to work within a fun, independent 40-person studio with the support and backing of a large gaming company to do this. Best part of all? You get to do this!
The right candidate will have shipped a successful mobile game. Define successful game you ask? You could have worked on a top 100 grossing game, or completed an amazing indie title with a small team that did remarkably well too. This role is concentrated heavily on the creative side and would have you leading a team of 3-5 designers. Were aiming to start this game right away, and we need you to get things started!
- Create and defend the Vision for a new mass market mobile game.
- Come up with suitable game mechanics that fall in line with the games vision.
- Plan free-to-play game monetization optimized for the games target demographic, play style and vision.
- Create and maintain design documentation.
- Iterate designs to create a great gameplay experience.
- Communicate with an internal/external team(s) to make them understand the design and the overall vision
- Proactively find problems with the gameplay and monetization, and come up with solutions.
- Manage a team of designers.
- Own your game!
- At least 5 years of experience as a game designer an at leastone commercially successful free to play mobile game.
- XP in leading a team of designers.
- Excellent communication is a must (English, French very helpful).
- Excellent knowledge of the mobile market and the overall gaming business.
- Very good analytical gameplay balancing skills. Must be able to interpret and consult on game KPIs.
- XP with Unity game engine.
- Ability to understand and create a games vision and apply it to every design.
- Ability to take direction and feedback, and working this into your designs.
- Must be able to work with this guy!
- Need to know your way around MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
- Resourceful in getting work done, and proactive in every way!
- Must give good high-fives (not necessary, but still a pretty sweet skill to have).