As a key team member, the UX specialist must possess a thorough understanding of creative, elegant UI and UX solutions across different platforms and have excellent knowledge of touchscreen mobile devices.
The role requires someone with demonstrated success in crafting the user experience from conceptualization through to final production of graphical assets and implementation. You must have at least2+years of relevant experienceand at leastoneshipped title under your belt.
The UX specialist will work in close collaboration with both design and art departments.
- Design and create appealing, leanand intuitive UX consistent with the project's goal
- Review and rework every aspect of UX to maximize the number of users
- Work collaboratively with design and art staff to help design and build functional and user-friendly UI
- Effectively communicate design ideas and the rationale behind them
- Create both visual and functional design materials, including wireframes, user flows, user interface elements, interactive prototypes and motion comps inLua, Balsamiq, Flash/After Effects, etc.
- Keep the interface beautiful and easy to use. Support the creation of the UX and UI aspects of all new features and enhancements in our game
- Initiate, suggest and spearhead major UI refactorings for a more intuitive user experience
- Design elegant solutions to every user flow so that people use it without consciously noticing it at all
- Act as the user advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing/expert review and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Act as the ldquo;go-tordquo; with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards. Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations
- Develop wireframes, behavioral specifications and personas
- Define workflows and pipeline to facilitate iterations and increase quality
- Take responsibility for the user experience and on-boarding process for one of our major up-and-coming titles
- Define strategies to guide the player through the interface and maximize opportunities for the step-by-step learning of functionalities
- Focus on ease of use and maximizing retention
- Create and own the global UX vision for the project
- Report to the game's art director in coordination with the lead game designer
- Influence the project, proactively provide leadership within the user experience domain and make an impact on the game's long-term initiatives
- Keep on top of concurrent strategies and create structured highlights for the art director, game designer or producer
- At least 3 years of experience as a User Experience Designer
- Ability to present your designs and sell your soulutions
- On track with the latest UX patterns, techniques and technologies
- Great UX design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid expereince in creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and site maps
- BS/MS in Interaction Design or a related degree is a bonus