BIGPOINT is looking for a Senior System Designer who will be responsible for designing various core gameplay mechanics across the single player and multiplayer experience of an exciting title.
The perfect candidate will focus on gameplay and user experience through evolution of the game design from initial documentation through to prototyping and testing.
If you love MMORPGs and strategy games like we do and always wanted to create one of the most unique games up to date, we have the perfect job for YOU!
- Collaborate with design lead, design team and whole development team to develop core concepts, game systems, and game content.
- Evolve ideas in conjunction with the development team and ensure that the design goals adapt to and survive the development process.
- Participate in the design and development process by scoping and sizing requirements using Agile development methods.
- Share expertise and advise others in the development of features across the game.
- Implement and develop positive changes to the game based on feedback from QA, user research and the development team to ensure the product is critically and commercially successful.
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Remain up to date with industry and academic developments in game development and design.
- 3+ profession experience in the games industry, with at least 1 year in a Senior System Designer capacity.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of game design, gameplay theory, balancing, level design, story, interface, AI, combat, game-flow and player progression, particularly when applied to RPG/MMORPG/strategy games.
- Strong skills in scripting and prototyping gameplay mechanics, maintaining development in conjunction with other teams and polishing and balancing mechanics throughout production.
- Strong skills in creating high quality design documentation, focusing on clarity and brevity.
- Capable of working efficiently and productively with game artists, programmers, animators, sound designers and the rest of the game development team.
- Motivated self-starter whoÂ likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams.
- Passionate team player, capable of rallying and motivating the team around the core design concepts of the game.
- Ability to positively contribute to discussions, good judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Passion for video games and game design with at least 2 shipped titles.
- B.A./B.Sc. degree or higher in an area related to the job description is a plus.
- Experience with KPI analysis and interpretation.
- RPG or MMORPG system design and balancing experience.
- Experience with designing monetization amp; retention systems for online games.
- Experience with NebularÂ Engine is a bonus.