The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining transparency and visibility of production information at all times. To achieve this he defines and implements the teamâ€™s organizational framework; including planning and scheduling, reporting and communication. He/she takes care of the framework (the â€howâ€ of the project), whereas the Producer controls the goals and content of production (the â€whyâ€ and the â€whatâ€ of the project). The Project Manager is the facilitator on an organizational and process level, and enables the Producer to achieve company goals and keep control and overview of the current status of the project.
- Work with the Producer to communicate timeline and goals for the game.
- Work with the Producer to plan and organize external dependencies.
- Work with the Producer and Leads to establish a project schedule
- Check resource allocation and schedules for all disciplines for plausibility and formality
- Control if proper and measurable goals are being set across all levels of hierarchy
- Maintain the schedule on daily and long term basis ensuring it is up to date.
- Work with the Leads to ensure tasks entered in the schedule are clear and concise.
- Work with the Leads and team members to ensure assigned tasks and timelines are communicated clearly.
- Have an overview of project tasks, assignees and their progress both daily and long term.
- Work with the team on a daily basis to track tasks and ensure any potential blockers are identified and raised.
- Work with the Producer and Leads to resolve obstacles, dependencies, timeline issues and support the communication of project status and progress.
- Work with the Producer, Leads and the team to continually optimize and improve team communication and workflows.
- Develop and establish an efficient and effective team organization and infrastructure
- Optimize the infrastructure to leverage team productivity
- Develop, implement and optimize a planning and tracking system that enables the team keep a current record about quality, time and budget
- Take responsibility for an adequate tool chain and processes (e.g. Plan- / Tracking- / Risk- amp; Change Management)
- Check and control the balance of the goals â€quality, time and budgetâ€ and escalate misbalances (if necessary, even above the producer)
- Implement and regulate communication structures to other departments, working with key reports to create an organizational structure and processes that allow the team to efficiently produce high quality work on time and on budget
- 7+ yearsâ€™ software project management experience (not product management)
- 5+ yearsâ€™ experience as a main project manager
- Planned, managed and delivered at least 3 software projects on time, in budget
- Proven, excellent project management knowledge and experience in the field of mid to large scale software development projects with co-located, multi-cultural teams of 30+
- Immaculate English language skills, ability to communicate own point of view clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders
- Honed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interface with all facets of production (Art, Game Design, Tech, etc.)
- Intimate familiarity with modern project management tools, techniques and practices.
- Thrives in high pressure environments, requiring keen prioritization and multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional leadership skills, motivating teamwork, performance and drive for excellence
- Career focus on development process rather than creative ideation
- Proven interest in multimedia products, preferably video games
- Passion for making and playing innovative games
- University Degree
- Experience leading creative and technical teams in product development or Project Management experience in the video games industry
- Planning, management and delivery of projects for mobile or online platforms