Bigpoint is looking for a Senior Game Balancer to work on our free to play casual title. In this position you’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in building the next generation of casual games, played by millions of people across the world.
The ideal candidate will have experience in designing casual games in the free to play sector. He is not only a creative mind who can come up with suitable game mechanics appropriate to a mass-market game, but he also has the ability to communicate his ideas clearly and concisely in both oral and written form. An analytical mind is equally required, as game mechanics must be both designed and balanced.
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Collaborate with an extremely talented team of engineers, UI/UX artists, QA and Live Ops to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from the game teams, user testing and the broader payer community
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Assist in developing and producing design concepts that are aligned with project direction
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Mentor other Game Designers and share knowledge across the team
- Build free-to-play games that the world loves to play
- At least 4 years of professional experience and success designing systems for mobile or PC based online games with engaged player communities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design
- Passion for casual games and deeply complex social games
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Deep familiarity with free to play games
- Superb technical skills in balancing, tuning, polishing games, and developing monetization strategies
- Rock solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- A strong desire to make the best games in the world