The Senior Data Scientist is responsible for the design and development of our data models. The right person will develop and implement complex statistical models into our games to predict and describe user behavior using our internal and external customer data.
The responsibilities include driving and supporting machine learning projects in the company to support internal stakeholders to drive automation and increase of customer retention and satisfaction.
The position requires expert knowledge in data management and integration, machine learning skills and advanced statistical models. You should have a good balance between your technical abilities and general business understanding.
We are looking for a highly analytical minded person who is passionate on supporting data driven decision making based on insights of customer behavior.
The Data Scientist will report into the Head of Business Intelligence and will work closely together with the data infrastructure team as well as games and data analysts.
- Creating and enhancing our data framework and leading governance processes
- Drive machine learning and automation projects together with other stakeholder from IT and game teams
- Executing analytical projects with high understanding of analytical methods (like Distribution theory, regression, forecasting, Machine Learning Techniques, etc.)
- Ensuring best in class techniques and processes for statistical analysis and modeling are implemented in the organization
- Using statistical analysis to segment customer behavior and develop targeted solutions
- Consulting and supporting internal departments with analytical expertise in terms of success measurement and optimization proposals
- Proactively identifying opportunities and making recommendations to improve by drilling into data from various data sources (SQL, PIG, PHP, R or Python)
- Participating in additional business intelligence activities related to data mining analysis, e.g. analytical workshops and projects
- A minimum of 3 years of job experience after graduation in the field of data science or similar work environment
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent knowledge about statistical evaluation methods and ability to create compact and to the point analysis through data mining
- Track record of successfully implementing machine learning projects in companies
- Experience in working with R, Python, SQL or any equivalent and MS Office Software
- Proficient with Hadoop and BigData architectures
- Excellent knowledge of multivariate data analysis with well-known tools so you can read and cluster data
- Capability of quickly, regularly, and independently learning new technologies under the pressure of consistent high-profile project deliverables
- Ability to explain complex data insights concise and visually
- Pro-active, self-initiated and flexible mindset
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team plus the willingness to take on responsibility and take initiative.