BIGPOINT is looking for a Senior Combat Designer that is passionate about games and the creation of interesting and unique combat mechanics.
The perfect candidate will have a proven track record designing and balancing combat and AI for RPGs or turn-based games.
If you love MMORPGs and strategy games like we do and always wanted to create one of the most unique games up to date, we have the perfect job for YOU!
- Collaborate with design lead, design team and whole development team to define how combat fits within the strategic overview of the product and ensure that the players combat experience fulfills the vision of the game.
- Driving the quality, planning, and implementation of combat and combat-related systems, such as player skills, and AI behavior, and difficulty balancing.
- Participate in the design and development process by scoping and sizing requirements using Agile development methods.
- Establishing pacing for combat at both the micro level (e.g., the 30-second encounter) and the macro level (i.e., how combat evolves from the beginning of the game to the end).
- Implement and develop positive changes to the game based on feedback from QA, user research and the development team to ensure the product is critically and commercially successful.
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Remain up to date with industry and academic developments in game development and design.
- 3+ profession experience in the games industry, with at least 1 year in a Senior Combat Designer capacity.
- Turn-based combat system experience with player mechanics and AI behaviors.
- Strong skills in scripting and prototyping gameplay mechanics, maintaining development in conjunction with other teams and polishing and balancing mechanics throughout production.
- Strong skills in creating high quality design documentation, focusing on clarity and brevity.
- Capable of working efficiently and productively with game artists, programmers, animators, sound designers and the rest of the game development team.
- Motivated self-starter wholikes working on very productive, fast-paced teams.
- Passionate team player, capable of rallying and motivating the team around the core design concepts of the game.
- Ability to positively contribute to discussions, good judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Passion for video games and game design with at least 2 shipped titles.
- B.A./B.Sc. degree or higher in an area related to the job description is a bonus.
- Experience with KPI analysis and interpretation is a plus.
- RPG or MMORPG system design and balancing experience.
- Experience with designing monetization amp; retention systems for online games.
- Experience with Unity 3D/CryEngine/Lumberyard Engines is a plus.