Bigpoint Berlin is looking for a VFX Artist to join the Game of Thrones team. The ideal candidate has experience in creating visual effects for games and loves to support the art team with his profound understanding of the needs and restrictions of computer game visual effects and the underlying pipeline.
- Ability to produce and implementÂ high quality visual effects within a given timeframe
- Being proficient in creating effects within the restrictions of the engine and tools provided.
- Developing animation, movement and atmospheric effects to enhance the gamerâ€™s experience throughout the game.
- Create reference materials and reference objects
- Support the 3D art team in technical matters
- Implement concept artwork and your own ideas in 3D
- Collaborate closely with our design, technology, and art teams
- Reporting towards the Art Director/Producer
- A passion for game development is a must
- Degree or equivalent training course in graphic design, ideally with 3D art as a focus
- 2+ years of professional experience as an FX artist, specifically in the gaming industry
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and Autodesk Maya/3D Studio
- Experience with the CryEngine a big plus
- The ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- The ability to quickly learn and comprehend in-house VFX tools is necessary for the position.
- A strong eye for detail
- Creative and technical problem solving skills
- Strong written and spoken English