Bigpoint is seeking a Creative Director to drive and own the entire vision of our MMO game - Drakensang!
The ideal candidate will have hands on experience in the MMO game genre and will have an absurd amount of knowledge for game pillars, designs and trends in the gaming industry.
This role will have you own the game vision in its entirety, you guide the road map and lay out the plans to the development team to get it done at a high quality bar and in a timely fashion.
- Establish industry-leading best practices and processes for creating and developing free to play MMO games.
- Develop team members, with a focus on both high performance and continued professional development.
- Assist in building and growing Bigpoint games business more broadly.
- Owning the game's vision and aligning it with the business needs
- Liasing with product management to line up requirement and deliveries
- Validating the content and incorporating feedback to the department.
- Managing ideas and building consensuses.
- BA/BS Degree would be nice, but not a hard requirement.
- Minimum 8-12 years’ experience in creative game development with direct experience managing cross-disciplinary game teams and owning oversight of game creative vision.
- Strong familiarity with MMO marketplaces, trends and best practices.
- Strong design or artistic leadership experience and ability to work with and manage cross functional units to advance business objectives.
- Experience is related game genre
- Strong understanding on monetization a must
- Be a good leader, with the ability to both listen effectively and influence a team.
- Strong product management skills at a game feature/system level.
- Advanced analytic skills including financial modeling and Pamp;L management capabilities.
- Strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Exceptional PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a part of the recruiting process at Bigpoint.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and prioritize work to meet specific deadlines required.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Flexibility to travel to Bigpoint studios as required.
- Attendance at industry conferences as required.