Bigpoint (Hamburg) is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to drive and own the technical development for one of our most recognizable MMO game products - Seafight.
The ideal candidate will have hands on experience in leading high quality game technical development and will have excellent knowledge of game pillars, game tools, and tech trends.
This role will have you own the overall tech responsibility for the game in its entirety. You create the road map and lay out the plans to the technical team to get it done at a high quality bar and in a timely fashion. You will play a key role in the architectural design of solutions, during both the solution design meetings and the coding of this amazing project.
- Improve and extend the technical architecture for our mass market F2P game.
- Implement, with your team, suitable game mechanics that fall in line with the game’s vision.
- Collaborate and provide feedback on all aspects of game development with relevant stakeholder
- Owning technical documentation and quality of the team’s output.
- Responsible for the quality bar of all technical designs to create a great gameplay experience.
- Communicate with internal/external team(s) to make them understand the technical decisions and the overall implementation delivery.
- Leading, mentoring, supporting and training your team in order to enhance their skills and capabilities.
- Own your game!
- Rock-solid leadership skills, you know the nuances of being a good leader.
- Profound programming skills with best-practice knowledge and experience in system design and architecture.
- Extensive practical knowledge of Java in a professional environment for 5+ years.
- Knowledge and experience with server / client / external module infrastructure.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality for similar game projects.
- Ability to give direction and feedback, and see it through towards making improvements.
- Flexible and pragmatic approach in a high paced game development environment.
- 2+ years in a Lead Software Engineer role.
- Strong technical English communication skills is a must.
- You are passionate about gaming.