About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Most recently, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We’re now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console and are looking for talented artists to help make them great.
We're looking for a talented VFX artist to help us build stunning effects for Gears of War 4. Applying your mix of technical and artistic skills, you will be responsible for the maintaining the visual quality of the game while collaborating with Design and Programming to ensure the game is fun and visually impressive.
Work with the VFX team to drive the creation of gameplay and environmental effects
Effectively communicate and motivate the team, ability to receive and act upon feedback
Collaborate with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to improve gameplay choices and Programming to maintain our performance requirements
Essential Skills and Experience
Have worked on at least one commercially released titles has a VFX artist on a game title
Great technical knowledge of 3D packages, texturing packages and game engines like Unreal
Solid understanding of real-time VFX constraint
Strong understanding and application of timing, scale, composition and colour
Preferred Skills and Experience
Strong knowledge of game development workflows, processes and tools
Knowledge in rigid body and fluid simulation
Passion for problem solving and pushing boundaries
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.