Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? Join The Game!
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 6,000 employees.
As VFX Artist at Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Disney Magic Kingdoms and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
• Create and implement real-time particle effects and animated shaders;
• Model, texture, animate, light and optimize VFX assets under direction of Lead Artists;
• Maintain a consistent art style under the direction of the Lead Artist and the Art Director;
• Be willing to learn (and teach) new tools and techniques;
• Collaborate with Designers, Programmers and other members of the art team and work closely with the tools and engine departments;
• Be meticulous and organized in the approach to tasks, adhering to pipeline workflow.
• Experience with creating FX in a game engine or film and television;
• Solid Technical abilities to aid in creating new visual effects art pipelines;
• Comfortable using scripting tools to trigger effects based on game events;
• Able to conceptualize and animate natural and fantastical effects (water, smoke, foliage, dust, fabric, spells, and explosions);
• Ability to take direction, accepts feedback, and responds to criticism positively;
• Experience in Photoshop or After Effects is preferred;
• Experience with a rendering engine such as V-Ray;
• Knowledge and experience with lighting;
• Good problem-solving abilities;
• Self motivated with strong work ethic;
• Video game enthusiast;
• Demonstrate visual effects ability;
• Open-minded and outward-looking;
• Be enthusiastic and ready to take on new challenges.
Why join Gameloft?
• You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
• You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
• You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
• Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Toronto can offer you?
- Health insurance coverage
- Vacation and personal days off
- Meal and transportation discounts
- Social club events
- And more!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio/demo reel.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.