At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and talented Mission Designer to work within a passionate team developing Dovetail Games Flight Simulator. The successful candidate must have the ability to design, develop, document, and test gameplay features as well as demonstrate the key soft skills required to work within a quality driven environment.
- Creation of tutorial & mission specification documents that are an accurate representation of real world aircraft training and incident related situations
- Create realistic training tutorials and highly engaging missions for the game through proprietary editors
- Provide tutorial, mission and gameplay features through all stages of research and production
- Provide insight to anticipate technical/workflow issues and provide solutions to these
- Extend existing functionality using the "tools" (scripting functions) made available by programmers
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute the design plan to a high quality
- Passion and aptitude for practical game and simulation system development
- Knowledge of aircraft, aeronautical systems or flight training is highly desirable
- Games design experience/first hand experience of developing game content is desirable
About Dovetail Games:
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday, increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.