Senior Database Developer noSQL (Hadoop/Big Data)
Work in Berlin for one of the world`s largest games websites and excite more than 125 million users.
GameDuell`s IT architecture is based on the SOA paradigm and consists of several loosely linked services that communicate by sending messages to each other. On one hand, the architecture allows a horizontal scaling of databases and services. On the other hand, it offers the highest possible availability and robustness for the user.
As a Senior Database Developer at GameDuell, you will be responsible for our Hadoop/Big Data infrastructure and you will serve as an interface between different teams.
- Consolidation and optimization of the current Hadoop/Big Data infrastructure
- MapReduce Data Aggregation
- Design and extension of data models
- Database performance analysis , tuning and monitoring
- Effectively drive cross-team solutions
What we expect
- Completed university degree in the field of Technical Informatics, Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of relevant working experience with the design and development of databases
- Profound knowledge of noSQL databases and technologies including Hadoop , Hive, Pig and Cascading
- Core competencies in JAVA necessary
- Strong knowledge of data structures , algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Experience with the usage of Apache Storm and Kafka , Spark would be an advantage
- Fluent English is mandatory, knowledge of German very welcome
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are also required
What we offer
- Demanding tasks and new challenges
- One of the best offices in Berlin : the GameDuell office in Mitte! Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, and a terrace
- Interesting possibilities for your personal development
- Developing the best products and inspiring our customers by providing an extraordinary game experience
- A great, performance oriented, friendly and international team is looking forward to meeting you
- Flexible work hours
- Timeframe: Immediately, full time
If you are up for the challenge, then we look forward to hearing from you.