Volition is searching for a Technical Animator to fill a temporary role. The successful candidate will work on cross-discipline teams as well as with outsourcing to implement and iterate content for an AAA product. The Technical Animator may be tasked with other duties and responsibilities in support of the project team.
• Collaborate with the Animation and Character Art team to proactively identify workflow issues and provide solutions
• Support and maintain Animation systems, tools, and pipelines
• Evaluate asset feasibility against technical guidelines prior to integration in the game
• Implement content that meets the character vision, allows animators to create compelling content that works efficiently in the engine
• Post-high school education in a technical animation relevant discipline; emphasis on game development preferred
• Good artistic instincts (eye for animation) with an understanding of how to technically support teammates to deliver desired experiences
• Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3D package (Max, Maya, MotionBuilder)
• Experience with common scripting languages (Python, MaxScript, MEL, etc.) and/or C# or C++ programming
• Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic. Being collaborative and having a team-oriented mindset is a requirement.
• Ability to think creatively and analytically. Proactive in seeking feedback and resolving issues
• Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to multitask and be flexible about changing role requirements
• Passion for games and ability to articulate the pursuit of that passion as a career clearly and analytically. A broad knowledge base of console games, including the action and RPG genres
Sample Work Required
Please provide samples of relevant work demonstrating tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges. Any supplemental materials demonstrating skills relevant to this position are also encouraged.
Preferred but not required – provide a strong art portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent with both CG and traditional art skills.