The Coalition is looking for a Senior Physics Engineer who will be responsible for owning the physics systems for the Gears of War Franchise. You should have deep knowledge and background in real-time math and physics systems and algorithms. You should be considered a subject matter expert in your field and excel at working well with both technical and non-technical team members. You will be hands on and demonstrate superior programming skills in the discipline.
• Responsible for physics system architecture to meet quality and performance expectations.
• Responsible for implementing physics systems and features required for the game in consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
• Drives the analysis of design issues.
• Responsible for the planning, estimation and distribution of work.
• Works closely with the other leads on the Engineering, Art, Design, and Production teams.
• Helps Production develop schedules and determine milestones.
• Helps to mentor other engineers, keeping them engaged throughout the development process and supporting them in their professional growth.
• Must have 7-8+ years of experience in video games.
• University level degree in computer science, Math, Physics or comparable experience.
• Expert level C++ w/ strong object oriented design skills.
• Proven experience and deep knowledge of one or more Physics Middleware systems such as PhysX or Havok.
• Experience working on physics systems and physics based gameplay for at least two existing console titles (PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Xbox One).
• Experience with and understanding of real time: Rigid Body simulation, Dynamics, Character animation/physics interaction, IK, Powered Rag Dolls, Vehicle physics simulation, Destruction.
• Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment.
• Experience designing and optimizing multi-threaded/multi-core systems is highly desired.
• Experience with navigation and path finding in videogames is highly desired.
• An awareness of software development best practices, particularly for design, coding, and testing.
• Ability to work on a team and communicate well.
• Passion for creating an amazing AAA game experience and visuals.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.