Sports Interactive (SI) is the world's leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub of Old Street, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.SI's games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK's top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company. Sports Interactive looks after its staff's well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work. The company also arranges regular team social events and is very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry.Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available from the SI website, www.sigames.com .
In an expansion of our core tech team we are looking for platform programmers to provide functionality across all of our products.Reporting into the Technical Lead Programmer, you will be maintaining, improving, optimising and adding new functionality to our shared platform libraries across multiple platforms. You will be writing C++ code to that support all our products, tools and platforms.You should have at least two years in a similar role and preferably have knowledge and experience of multiple programming languages and application and widget frameworks such as Qt, wxWidgets, GTK+, Windows Forms and similar. Ideally you also have some experience developing for handheld devices.
- Designing and developing new functionality across our shared libraries
- Optimising, refactoring and improving existing functionality in our shared libraries
- Supporting and maintaining shared libraries across multiple platforms
- Analyse, debug and fix issues
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years' professional experience developing in C++
- Extensive knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of other programming and scripting languages
- Great software engineering skills
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
- A thorough understanding of performance and optimisation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Self-motivated, with a drive to continuously improve yourself and your peers
- Interest and experience in developing on multiple platforms, including handheld
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.