Hardlight Studios are part of SEGA Networks Inc., a division of SEGA Networks Co., Ltd. SEGA Networks Co., Ltd. was established in July 2012 as a division of Tokyo-based SEGA Corporation, focused on publishing games for mobile and tablet devices based on SEGA's most iconic brands in addition to the development of new intellectual property. SEGA Networks quickly rose to prominence as one of Japan's premier mobile game publishers with hit titles that include Puyo Puyo!! Quest, which has thus far achieved over 10 million downloads, and Chain Chronicle, which has maintained top ranking on both the Apple App Store and Google Play. For more information, please visit http://sega-net.com/ .SEGA Networks Co., Ltd., employee over 400 people and typically have at least two titles in the top 25 grossing charts.Hardlight just made Crazy Taxi: City Rush, as well as several Sonic the Hedgehog™'s titles (Sonic Jump™, Sonic Dash™ and Sonic Jump Fever). SEGA's much loved blue hedgehog mascot is a true global brand crossing over from video games into toys, stationary, apparel and much more.Our open plan office is in the heart of Royal Leamington Spa - a thriving town with a bustling game-development scene. A small dedicated bunch with drive, passion and creativity - right now we are looking for key people to come and join us on some very ambitious new projects.SEGA has a leading benefits package and flexible working environment that make this a relaxed and friendly place to work. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
We're looking for a Systems Designer to come in and take charge of gameplay and economy balancing for one or more of our titles in development. You will be expected to be our expert in this field, delivering both an excellent financial and fun user experience.
- Drive the architecture and tuning of in-game systems such as the economy, progression and difficulty.
- Collaborate with the product and design teams in order to optimise retention and monetisation
- Model a complex game economy based on high level game concepts
- Work with our game telemetry systems to analyse metrics and derive insights in user trends and behaviour
- Analyse, validate and incorporate feedback from user focus tests
- Co-ordinate with production and publishing to implement and launch new game features
- Measure the success of live product features and optimize their performance through rapid, data-driven iteration
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field (2.1 or above)
- Strong Excel knowledge and analytical capabilities
- Strong knowledge of game balancing, pacing and monetisation strategies for free to play games
- Passionate and self-motivated individual with good organisational skills
- Able to work well in an agile, creative environment with members of all disciplines
- Amiable and willing to follow direction but willing to bring their own ideas to the table
- Good problem solver
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- An intuitive understanding of what constitutes a good gameplay experience
- 1+ year experience working on free-to-play online and/or mobile games
- Proven experience in the balancing of a successful game on browser or mobile
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.