Senior Technical VFX Artist (Permanent)
AAA Next-Gen Project
This role is open to VFX Artists with game development experience (preferably AAA console) and with current eligibility to work in the USA. If successful, you’ll act as the bridge between tech and art teams to create awesome visuals on a AAA next-gen, high budget game in development. Utilising your technical VFX knowledge you’ll take the tools available to the max, working with the talented team to ensure technical feasibility on awesome projects.
• VFX art and implementation across natural environmental, characters and all interactions.
• Creation and maintenance of VFX and shader libraries.
• Play a part in building future tools, pipelines, and graphic potential.
• You’ll act as a problem solver for other VFX Artists and wider team members.
• Keep your finger on the pulse of the game industry, be the first to know about new techniques, products and software.
• Manage and prioritise workload in line with schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
• Eligibility to work in the US (additional sponsorship possible for Australian and Canadian nationals)
• Experienced in game VFX (at least one delivered console: 360, PS3, XB1 or PS4 project)
• In depth understanding of VFX, pipelines, tools, systems, shader techniques.
• Strong technical understanding (scripting skills) and knowledge of PBR a plus.
• Proficient in Maya (or 3D modelling package) and Photoshop. Premiere/After Effects experience and knowledge of dynamics/simulations packages a plus.
• Familiarity with product development including workflow, tools, particle systems, lighting, high and low poly modelling, texture paining, texture/UV animation, UV layout, in-game and sprite animation, dynamics and simulations, material setup, and engine parameters/optimisations.
On offer is a competitive salary and fully comprehensive benefits package including:- paid holiday scheme, medical and dental cover, 401K plan and even assistance with Legal, Home and Car insurance.
Also available is relocation support for those successful candidates not already in the local area, temporary housing (if required) immediately following a relocation, and a scheme to help with the cost of commuting. If you’re interested and feel you meet the above, please get in touch!