Great opportunity to work with one of Sydney's newest games projects in a small but expanding team.
Inner Sydney location
Will consider exceptional overseas candidates that need visa sponsorship
Salary negotiable on experience
Lead Artist,/ Art Director to lead the creation of a beautiful digital world where children come and explore, experience wonder and surprise and become the best they can be. Working within the brief of their virtual school, your team will have tonnes of scope to create rich, engaging and surprising artwork and narrative for children aged 6-11. The creative elements are core to the business and the narrative, environment and characters in the school will drive engagement.
* Create beautiful and engaging artwork and narrative for children in China
* Lead a team which designs highly engaging, rich digital artwork for a 3D environment for children in China
* Extend the existing narrative and artwork out to include new environments, characters and stories
* Work with Game Designers & Developers
* Effectively communicate with your team, executive leadership, and other teams
* Be part of a global EdTech startup based in Sydney, partnered with one of the worlds top universities in the UK and partnered with the largest distribution network in China. Put your passion in digital art directing to work to change children's lives around the world.
You Should Have:
* A passion for great art and design
* 5+ years in digital or games experience
* Experience as a Lead Artist or Art Director ( 3D/2D Art)
* Proven track record in leading a team of creatives, both in-house and freelancers
* Experience in 3D Art with up to date hands on skills in 3D Modelling & Texturing
* Good understanding of UX principles and emerging technologies
* An enthusiastic, passionate, performance-driven, self-starter with a collaborative work style
* Excellent liaison and team skills, presentation, facilitation and written communication skills
* Experience in children's entertainment or education a bonus but not essential
Maya used onsite but will consider very strong 3DS Max person though.
Unity a bonus.
For more information or to apply please contact me anytime
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 (0)427 690 971