Vicarious Visions, developer of numerous award winning games, including Skylanders Swap Forice, Skylanders Spyro Adventure, Guitar Hero: On Tour, Tony Hawk, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced Animator to join our team of talented developers in creating next generation games for the XboxOne, PS4, Mobile, and.Wii This position is temporary, likely lasting 2-3 months. Candidates must be able to relocate to Albany, NY and work onsite.
No remote work.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with the Animation Lead developing, defining and maintaining high-end animation.
• Seek out guidance from lead and other experienced artists to provide the best quality artwork and most efficient methodologies.
• Proactive in creating solutions and solving problems.
• Participate in peer reviews, giving and receiving team feedback.
• Able to work with team members of other disciplines. Such as, communicating with game-play programmers for implementing character mechanics.
• Generating and presenting ideas for Artist development.
• Contribute documentation on processes and task tracking throughout development cycle.
The skills & experience we’re looking for:
• Must excel at the Principles of Animation with high quality timing, weight, and acting skills.
• Excellent skills and understanding of character motion in a range of styles.
• Experience animating in 3D Software, such as 3DSMax, Character Studio, and Maya.
• Must have a passion to create the best quality artwork possible for any game genre or platform that is assigned (XboxOne, PS4, Wii, and Mobile).
• Task driven, self-motivated & proactive.
• Adept to changing requirements.
• Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
• Provide Samples of your animation on DVD, CD, or online with a clear explanation of what you did.
You must have traditional art training and skills. Include samples of your 2D work, especially Figure Drawing.
You’ll really get noticed with these:
• Experience with cinematic production
• Experience with Maya
• Character modeling.
• State machine setup and understanding (e.g. Havok Behavior).
• Passion for Video Games.
• Pre-production skills such as Storyboarding and Animatics.
• Rigging and Point Weighting character meshes.
• Work with facial animation.