The incumbent is responsible for the graphical representation of the player in the game (connection player / game) and other characters needed to produce the game. He runs the creative direction to go for the target audience for the style game. It models the characters or with special attention to the anatomy of it, ensures consistency in quality and style of the main character and the other characters of the game. responsibilities:
The usual main duties of this job are:
* Read the documentation of creative and artistic directions in order to know the list of characters to understand their actions, and psychological aspects of creating believable characters face history.
* Interact with Animators, Programmers, Game Designer and Technical Director to know in depth their design intent, constraints and deadlines and give his opinion at the models of production planning with his superior.
* Create and integrate a first iteration of the characters, as closely as possible the concept of the creative direction by creating 3D models optimized with respect to the technical requirements laid down by the technical department and other trades and production time.
* Making its own basic textures to implement and to give color to the characters
* Optimize UV to maximize the use of textures.
* Ensure that the character is modeled able to show through the range of emotions required of the character in the game (morphology, shape, face, etc.)
* Model the final version of the characters and generate normal maps to create relief effects and then provide versions of high resolution models.
* Participate in the playability of the character by adapting the appearance of the character based on feedback Animators.
* Adapt your working method to the pipeline of the current project to meet the technical requirements of the project
* Correct the graphic bugs related to the characters entered by the testers to eliminate the problems.
* Keep abreast of best practices in the gaming industry to propose in its draft and share with inter-project colleagues.
* Perform other related duties
Technical AEC 3D modeling oriented game or any other equivalent training .
Relevant experience :
* 1-3 years experience in modeling character or any other relevant experiences.
* Experience video game is an asset.
Skills and knowledge :
* Have an eye for detail
* Able to take criticism and adapt to change
* Able to work in team
* Have the ambition to want always push further
* Extensive knowledge of shape , design and character of anatomy
* Knowledge of the typology on the animation ( rigger , skinner , etc.)
* Ability to translate 2D concepts in 3D version