Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
- Management of IT systems including switches, routers, WiFi, firewalls/security systems and monitoring solutions;
- Provide implementation and upgrade support of network infrastructure services;
- Provide 1rd line network infrastructure support to North American / Canadian Infrastructure and Services Desk teams;
- Contribute to the defining of global standards and policy for network infrastructure and to oversee the implementation in North America / Canada; including any ancillary networks (such as Web and Online infrastructure);
- Managing IT systems at secure co-location;
- Provide proactive monitoring of network components and proper escalation.
- Provide support for the deployment and documentation of different network products.
- Ensure proper attention and resolution of service requests in Service Desk.
- Participate in the selection process for hardware, software or other solutions deemed necessary within the before mentioned studios.
Experience and qualifications
- DEC, bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 3 years of experience working in a networking role supporting a multi-site or large campus network;
- CCNA or equivalent;
- Experience supporting offsite servers and services;
- Datacenter/Server room/ colocation facility build-out and management experience
- IPv4 network management and troubleshooting;
- Good networking knowledge of Layer 2 & 3 technologies and protocols: 802.1w, 802.1q, TCPIP, OSPF, etc.
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Wireless related technologies: 802.11 standard, Wireless Security and troubleshooting.
- Proven methodologies for troubleshooting across the OSI layer model.
- Experience with LAN Enterprise network equipment: Cisco, Brocade, and HP H3C.
- Experience with Enterprise Wireless network equipment: Aruba Networks, Cisco, etc.
- Experience with Entreprise Web Filtering and caching technologies: Bluecoat, Websense, McAffee, Squid, and WCCP.
- Experience with firewall management: IPTABLES, PFSense, etc.
- Familiarity with “enterprise-class” firewall solutions (Palo Alto Networks, Juniper SSG, etc.);
- Knowledge of Linux Administration(RedHat or Debian/Ubuntu);
- Experience with network services: DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, TACACS+, SYSLOG, etc.
- Basic knowledge of server infrastructure and virtualization technologies (VMWare, HyperV).
- Exposure to open source software and package management.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages (bash, python, perl, etc.).
- Abilities to interpret basic packet captures and troubleshooting tools
- Collaboration (Team Player, Client relations)
- Good communicator
- Highly motivated individual
- Adaptability (capacity to adapt to a constantly evolving environment)
- Ability to learn new concepts and technology quickly.
- Availability to work outside of regular business hours.