A leading mobile game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. With blockbusters such as the Asphalt and Dungeon Hunter series, and games such as Despicable Me: Minion Rush and Ice Age Village, Gameloft is regularly ranked as the #1 mobile game publisher in terms of downloads on both iOS and Google Play.
As our next Game Manager at Gameloft New Orleans, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s best talent on our new action RPG game, which is currently in development. This is a unique opportunity to create a game that could be the breakout hit of the year!
This position is based in the creative and inspiring city of New Orleans, an international metropolis built on entertainment and opportunity! New Orleans is home to superb music, architecture, food, and art –which are parts of its very fabric – and is one of the most culturally and historically rich cities in America. We are the festival capital of the world and have an endless list of both nightlife and family activities. In New Orleans, you will simply never run out of things to do!
About the job:
Reporting to the Studio Manager, you will take ownership of every aspect of the game (development, marketing, and product). You will guide a team of designers, programmers, and artists, as well as specialists in monetization, marketing, community management, customer care, and quality assurance.
You will be expected to:
• Lead the game from development to launch, and then during live operations
• Coordinate and lead efforts across a large cross-functional team, including Production, Marketing, User Acquisition, QA, Business Performance, Legal, and other diverse groups spread across several locations
• Drive decisions on product features and work closely with the Game Design team to transform simple ideas into detailed concepts
• Manage development with a Project Manager and also throughout each phase of the production process: concept, mock-up, alpha, beta, gold and updates
• Preserve your vision for the game throughout development to deliver a product that will be engaging, viral and highly profitable
• Communicate progress to all stakeholders on a regular basis, and share what you’ve learned with other teams
We need to talk if:
• You have more than 5 years of experience as a Producer or Product Manager
• You have shipped at least 1 successful free-to-play game, ideally on a mobile platform
• You know what it takes to make a commercially successful product, and have a strong grasp of mobile gaming business-performance indicators and audiences
• You can easily navigate between Game Design meetings, marketing conference calls, and bug-fixing discussions
• You can find the right mix of creative and data-driven decisions because you have a rare blend of creativity and analytical skills
• You are confident in taking full ownership of a game and defending decisions regarding strategy, scope, quality and resources
• You are open to feedback and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• You get things done, and it’s up to you if you want to use Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall or any other production method
• You keep your team motivated and engaged through transparency and flawless communication
• Speaking French would be a major asset