The Senior SE will be responsible for design and implementation of robust, secure, and scalable web services, and deployment processes for the Gears of War game. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to work side by side with programmers, designers and production staff, and be passionate about owning a reliable high-traffic web application to support console and multi-screen end points.
• Work with project leads to design, implement and support reliable, secure, and scalable backend web services in support of public-facing online applications
• Design, implement and support the Integration Xbox Live Services into client and server applications
• Work closely with design and production teams to realize application functionality
• Make architectural recommendations for performance and stability and security
• Analyze feature designs and devise technical solutions
• Assist with planning, estimation and distribution of work
• Develop deployment process and mechanisms
• Develop and implement stress testing plans
• Helps Production develop schedules and determine milestones.
• BSc. degree in Computing Science, or equivalent experience.
• Experience with object oriented programming languages (C++, C#, Java)
• Experience with modern web technologies: ASP.NET, IIS, WCF, RESTful services, streaming media
• Minimum 5+ years experience building online services for web or game applications
• Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code
• Experience architecting scalable server solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth loads
• Experience with planning for secure online deployments and operations
• Experience with modern web analytics and data-driven product evolution
• Experience deploying and supporting applications on cloud platforms (AWS EC2, Windows Azure)
• Experience with multiple web technology stacks and SaaS models an asset
• Experience developing: Sign-in flow, Match Making, leaderboards, VOIP a plus
• Experience with Xbox Live (360/PC) networking a plus
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of solid software engineering practices, experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies a plus
• Self-starter who works well within a creative team
• Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Dynamic problem solver
• Passion for web and mobile technology
• Great sense of humour.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.