The ship is yours, cap’n. Go crazy, have fun!
We are a fast growing mobile entertainment studio with an international player base and operations offering a unique flat organisation culture with no middle managers. You have complete freedom over your strategy and execution based on your objectives and key results.
Game designer is a cross-functional role that works with developers, game artists, gameplay analysts and marketing teams to create engaging casual games that may consist of progressive levels or infinite puzzles. It’s all up to the game designer to turn a vision into an actual game.
This role has complete autonomy to utilize the technical, analytical and artistic capabilities of Gram Games. We already have awesome teams of developers, gameplay and marketing analysts and creatives who care about making games of highest standards, we are looking for an experienced game designer to bring it all together hands on for the highest player satisfaction.
- Experience as a Game Designer in mobile games and free-to-play business model
- A hunger for knowledge and experience and a drive to launch the best product possible
- At least one shipped / in-market social / casual / freemium game, ideally on mobile
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and logical skills
- Structured, result-oriented working approach, tailored to each individual project
- Able to support the product vision through the design of large-scale game systems that maximize engagement, revenue, and retention
- Willingness to learn about the latest trends and developments in the industry
- Rapid prototyper, excellent team player and openness to change
- Experience with wireframing, flow diagrams, and prototyping
- Strong knowledge of level progression, game balancing and pacing
- Maintain a strong communication with the team and all the associate parties
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Scripting or programming knowledge and experience with Unity
- Experience with all aspects of game design: concept, level progression, camera, AI/scripting, interface, sound, monetization, and playability testing
- Strong analytical abilities, including synthesizing gameplay data, post-release information and observation of game market trends
- Initiates research on and implementation of new techniques and processes to improve quality and cost-effectiveness
- Proven experience and success designing mobile-based online and social game feature sets
- Solid casual games experience - and success with games based on a virtual-goods business model, with deep monetization intuition and understanding
- Proficient in excel, adobe illustrator and confluence
- Art and drawing skills