Game Designer | Cluj-Napoca
Become part of our team!
We are looking for people who are exceptionally creative and open-minded, regardless of their level of experience.
By working for Gameloft, you will have an unparalleled degree of autonomy in your work while keeping the support and advice of your team always within reach.
We strongly believe in cohesion and team spirit. Creating mobile video games involves strong collaboration with different types of talents. It is the coming together of skills – from producers, developers, game designers, artists, marketers, game monetization managers and more - that creates games people want to play. Here, we learn from each other and value talent more than focusing on hierarchy.
Despite the vastness of the company, it is our priority to keep teams in close contact with each other on a daily basis. Whether you’re next door or a thousand miles away from your team, we encourage simple, direct, and informal exchanges that are well-adapted to our enjoyable industry.
As a Game Designer you are in charge of developing the main core interactive and narrative mechanics of a game with the main purpose of delivering a fun experience to the player.
Daily challenges include:
• Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, features and story
• Write thorough and complete feature documentation
• Communicate designs clearly to other teams members.
Who you are?
• You have strong knowledge of basic rules of game design (gameplay, learning curve, creating emotion, difficulty balancing, rhythm, reward)
• You think creatively and have a passion for playing and making games
• You have the ability to work well in groups, including strong interpersonal skills
• You have 3+ years’ experience as Game Designer or Level Designer in the industry
• You have experience with at least some of the industry standard editor packages (UDK, Unity)
• You have a rich cultural and visual background (movies, comics, theatre, literature, painting)
• You have a wide and deep understanding of the gaming industry, especially in terms of past and future trends
• You prove excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Understanding of the major tools used in the game industry (3D modeling and animation especially)
• Excellent Social Benefits (Medical insurance package, Gym facilities and swimming pool, free for employees, on site cervical massages on a regular basis)
• The offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package
• Career-development opportunities
• An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company
• Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
• An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
Why Join Gameloft Cluj:
• Cluj is “the Heart of Transylvania”: a cosmopolitan European city and an important destination for business in South-Eastern Europe, with a remarkable potential for foreign investments
• It is one of the most welcoming cities in Eastern Europe
• Cluj succeeds in combining its history and architecture with the fresh and young atmosphere created by the city’s over 80.000 students
• Our studio is a very ambitious one, with a fast growth - it opened in 2010 and we are now proud to have over 500 employees
• Quality comes first: the perfect place for you to make a difference.
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.
Join The Game!