A Quantic Dream lighting artist designs quality cinematic lighting (game and cut scenes) to create atmospheres, set the mood, and subtly direct the player’s attention. He/she works based on the artistic direction, gameplay/design/game narration, technological limitations and production deadlines.
Responsibilities include :
• Create, implement, and optimize all elements of lighting (i.e. dynamic, prebaked, interior and exterior setups, cinematic set and character close up lighting) ;
• Create high quality & compelling lighting for a variety of environments, based on the director of photography’s input, while maintaining a consistent strong visual style throughout the game ;
• Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements for real time game application ;
• Participate in R&D of new techniques, tools, and features to implement into production pipeline ;
• Ensure that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule ;
• Communicate with other working units to look into the root causes of lighting issues.
• Strong sense of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
• Very good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy, and a passion for light (experience in photography an asset) ;
• Sound knowledge and use of lighting techniques (including real-time) in the video game or VFX (Film or Commercial advertising) industries ;
• Expert level proficiency within Maya, Photoshop, and other 3rd party software or tools used for environment and character lighting ;
• Ability to work autonomously as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with a high degree of motivation, initiative and proactivity ;
• Ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly ;
• Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change ;
• Good communications skills, and a great team player ;
• Originality and resourcefulness when seeking out solutions.
6 months minimum, could be renewed for 9 months