The Game Designer is responsible for developing game systems, controls and interfaces (as well as the other interactive elements) in order to bring the vision of the Creative Director into the desired player experience.
The main and usual functions of this position are to:
* Create game systems that answer the needs of the Creative Director with regard to the targeted experience for the player, while observing the production directives of the game.
* Standardize, document and communicate the game systems to the team. Regularly update documentation to offer a useful work reference for the whole team.
* Participate actively to the production of prototypes in order to adjust and validate systems prior to starting production. Assess the success of prototypes by measuring how objectives are met, using relevant quantitative and qualitative measurement techniques.
* By following the direction set by the Game Design Director, work on any and all aspects of Game Design by using the proper methods to provide accurate and meaningful designs.
* Participate to the development of tools required to implement and adjust game systems by collaborating with programming to determine the Game Design needs of such systems.
* Carry out all other related tasks.
- 7-10 years of experience in game design
- At least 2 AAA titles shipped
Skills and Knowledge:
* Client focus;
* Ability to manage diversity;
* Listening skills;
* Solid communication skills (written and spoken).