The scriptwriter participates to the crafting of the hero’s story, creating characters, writing dialogue, and providing any other narrative-related content required by the project (such as in-game text).
The incumbent works closely with the production team to ensure coherence and quality as narrative content is integrated into the game.
The main and routine tasks of the scriptwriter are to:
* Understand the intentions of the Creative Director and translate their vision into words;
* Write the script so that team members from different crafts have a point of reference;
* With the Narrative Game Designer, detail the storyline in a way that accommodates the narrative structure and the gameplay structure;
* Create character descriptions;
* In collaboration with the Narrative Designers, create descriptions for in-game locations and the ambiance found throughout the game;
* Provide scripts for all narrative content (i.e. cinematics, scripted events, gameplay, etc.);
* Write any text that contains narrative elements (mission briefings, loading screens, in-game documents, etc.);
* Collaborate closely with the team members who oversee the design of the narrative;
* Ensure that all reference documents are up to date;
* With the various production teams, supervise the integration of narrative content into the game;
* Assist, when required, with any marketing and/or PR needs that require writing;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
Diploma of College Studies in scriptwriting, litterature or filmmaking.
Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in scriptwriting or any other relevant experience
Skills and Knowledge:
* Basic understanding of game design fundamentals and processes
* Ability to collaborate, and respond to feedback/notes in a mature and timely manner
* Organizational skills
* Curiosity, Sense of observation
* Inspiration by people, society and world in general
Salary: 58 000$-62 000$/CAN per year