The generalist programmer will develop systems for a wide-range of elements including the game engine and editor or any middleware used by the production teams. The incumbent may also be called upon to work on a particular system (AI, 3D, physics, sound, animation, etc.) as part of a specific mandate.
The main and routine tasks of the generalist programmer are to:
* Program in a clear and structured manner that is in keeping with performance, maintenance, modularity, scalability and compatibility requirements;
* Analyze existing system features and determine whether they meet project intentions;
* Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems or enhancing existing ones;
* Develop generic systems that will support the features of the specialist programmers (AI, 3D, physics, sound, animation, etc.) and facilitate integration (engine, editor or middleware);
* Set out technical designs to meet system needs whenever necessary;
* Support the new systems and features;
* Determine and fix the bugs identified by working units and the quality control team;
* Document the work to ensure knowledge transfer and help users understand the new systems and features;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
We are looking for people with all kinds of experience to join the team, senior or junior.
Skills and Knowledge
* Good analytical and synthesis skills;
* Ability to anticipate and resolve problems;
* Autonomy and resourcefulness;
* Attention to detail;
* Flexibility in organizing work;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Ability to work as part of a team;
* Ability to adapt to change;
* Results driven