The individual is an artist responsible of developing a game feature. In addition of having strong artistics abilities, he needs to have strong technical abilities.
By working with others members inside a multi disciplinary team, the Technical Artist is of in charge of developing a complex feature of the game in an autonomous way, starting at the beginning until the shipping of the game. Acting as a reference on the project, he will help and support his peers, if requested.
The main and usual functions of this position are to:
* Realise high visual benchmarks, optimized and by respecting the technical constraints;
* Test the choosen engine or to develop, ask for development if needed;
* Help and support the Artistic Director and the Technical director in his graphic developments choices based on his own artistic and technical expertise;
* Use the best tools and methods for improving and facilitating the graphic workload and share best practices;
* Give training sessions for every team member as they can be sure to use correctly tools and methods
* Integrate, validate and optimize graphic data in the engine by using scripts if needed;
* Participate to the reviews;
* Insure himself that graphic bugs are fixed according to their priorities and occasional support the other artists to find solutions to fix their owns;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
Attestation of collegial studies game orientated or equivalent.
Minimum of 5 years as a Modeler, Level Artist, SFX Artist, Lighter or Character Modeler in video game. Participate to at least 2 full productions cycles.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Strong artistic skills and details orientated
* Strong technical abilities
* Proven abilities in organization
* Proven abilities in vocal and written communication
* Be creative and efficient
* Be a strong team player
* Be autonomous and proactive